fredag 28 februari 2014

SST round #3 Layout

Well, I went straight out of the card competition last round of the Supreme Scrap Tournament, but I'm still in the layout contest. Here is this week's layout.
The challenge was "Doodle it", and so I did. I took out a kraft cardstock and a navy Zig Writer and got down to business. I've been meaning to get into hand lettering for a while now, and finally here was my chance to actually try since the title had to be handwritten directly onto the layout.

The quote "I refuse to sink" means a lot to me, because in my opinion, one can only do so much as oneself allows. If I allow myself to "pause" the world around me for a while, and escape into some sort of happy place, then I can achieve so much more the rest of the time. I have many such happy places, and I recently discovered another one, a rugged, swampy, moss-covered island with access only through a narrow bridge and a kettle gate. Once you pass through that gate, you are in another world, one I hardly knew existed here, so close, only a few months ago. This island has it all - breathtaking scenery, wild, spiky cliffs, and also smooth polished ones, similar to those on the Blue Maiden island where I went for the first time last Summer. It has mysterious hollow oak trees, bunkers and other remnants from when Sweden was a highly fortified country hunkered down under the Soviet Union during the days of the Cold War. Over all of this, the wind blows hard, and the sea roars loudly, and the smell of salty water lies heavily. I LOVE it! Just wait until tomorrow - I'll put my wellies on an off we go, to the happy place. Well, I kinda promised the kids a picknick on those cliffs if the weather torns out OK, so that's where we'll be.

Inga kommentarer: