onsdag 6 mars 2013

My Heart of Joy projects

I participated in Inzpira Magazine's Heart of Joy contest earlier this year. I really loved the challenges, and I ended up in 8th place in the contest. That made me really proud, and I just realized I haven't showed you any of the things I made for the challenges. So, here goes.

For the first challenge, I created a spread in my art journal, made from an old schoolbook. I went a little crazy with my mists and pens, and I used quite a lot of techniques with paper, for instance drawing, fussy cutting, paper weaving, etc.
The birch tree was actually in the book when I started. I coated the pages with gesso, but I made sure not to leave the tree, because it fit so perfectly into the theme for my pages, and I really liked it.
I cut out a hole in the page, and kind of lifted it a bit with 3D-dots from the page behind. That's where I placed my photo, of the farmhouse. I also coated all of the embellishments with gesso, to make them blend in and stand out at the same time.

For my second project, I went bezerk with a big canvas. First, I covered it with pages from an old bible (yeah, blasphemy, I know... but to my defence, it was falling apart already). Then I started layering - multi medium, modelling paste, gesso, acrylic paint, watercolor, mists, aluminum foil, masks, embellishments, metal, chipboard etc...
I also covered the edges and worked my way around them using even more paints and inks, and embellishments. There is a lot of texture on this canvas, and I relaly like how it turned out. It still sits on the shelf above the couch, where I photographed it, and I think it will stay there.

And for my third project... well, let's just say I'm not happy with that one. Not at all. It didn't turn out the way it was supposed to, but I didn't have any time left to make something else before the deadline. I just felt wrong, somehow, and wasn't happy at all about sending it in. So, I'm not going to bother you with it...

OK, it's time to hit the sack. Today has been a long day filled with things to do, and tomorrow will just as intense, I suppose.

Good night!

Inga kommentarer: